Monday, October 29, 2012

Gangnam Style

This morning while I was supposed to be getting the kids ready for school I was instead sprawled on a flight of stairs surfing the internets on my phone.  I seem to run a good four months behind the rest of the country on what's "cool" and decided that now would be as good a time as any to finally discover what the hell "gangnam style" was.  I start the video and the music begins.  My husband, who normally isn't home to witness my early-morning pop culture exploration, walks into the room and immediately says "oh God, are you watching that crap??"

"I haven't seen it before!  YOU have?" My husband works 12 hour days and spends the rest either sleeping, eating or Craigslisting.  I'm shocked he's even heard of it, let alone seen it. 

"I watched the first 30 seconds and then turned it off before my head exploded."  Hmm.  So that means this is going to be good.

I sit and watch the entire four minute, 13 second video.  There's a guy, some chicks, glitter, and it's all in Korean.  The most important part is the signature dance move, which looks like you're riding a horse.  That's it.  Seriously.

I sit and ponder why I just wasted almost five minutes on that shit.  Then I start toasting bagels.

Fast forward a few hours later.  I cannot stop randoming breaking into dance, gangnam style.  It's quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever seen, but I am all for making an ass of myself even if I'm the only one around to enjoy it.  I plan to do it naked tonight for my husband.  I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy that.  Or I will enjoy that and he'll be horrified and possibly scarred for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment